For the muffins;
1 over ripe banana
1/2 cup of mashed sweet potato (I used 1 small)
1/4 cup of almond butter
1 Tablespoon of vanilla
2 Tablespoons of filtered water
1/2 cup of coconut flour
2 Tablespoons of Before You Speak Vanilla Creamer
1 teaspoon of turmeric
1 teaspoon of cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon each of ginger, nutmeg, cardamom & cloves
1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon of maca - for hormone balance
2 scoops of collagen - for gut healing goodness
For the "optional" frosting:
1/4 cup coconut (or regular ) cream
1/2 block (1/4 cup) dark chocolate
1 teaspoon of vanilla
1/2-1 teaspoon of Beforeyouspeak OG instant espresso
1 pinch of salt
1. Pre-heat oven to 175'C/350/F
2. Line a muffin tray with paper cases (or grease well) and set aside.
3. Place all muffin ingredients into a food processor or blender and process until smooth and well combined. You could also just mash/stir in a bowl if you prefer
4. Pour into your prepared muffin tray
5. Bake for 15-20 minutes until the tops spring back when lightly pressed and a tooth pick has just a few moist crumbs attached when inserted into the centre.
6. Set aside to cool.
*While your cupcakes are cooling prepare the frosting*
1. Melt chocolate _ espresso powder by your preferred method - I like to do mine on the stove, double broiler style but a microwave will work just fine too.
2. Add vanilla, salt & stir to combine.
3. Add the coconut cream to your espresso infused chocolate and stir until well combined.
4. Allow to cool for a few minutes until it becomes spreadable - you can speed this up by popping it in the fridge or freezer for 5-10 minutes.
5. Spread on to your cupcakes.