- Increased alertness and focus
- Increased energy levels
- Improved rehydration
- Improved recovery
L-Taurine is an amino acid which fills many roles in metabolism. But for athletes, its key function is that of transporter. L-Taurine assists the transport of electrolytes into the muscle cell, which must occur for hydration to take place. It may also assist muscular uptake of amino acids and creatine, making it a particularly valuable performance booster.
L-Taurine is most commonly used by athletes as an addition to pre / intra / post workout drinks to assist the transport of minerals, thereby improving hydration - this in turn increases protein synthesis, prevents catabolism, and increases energy and endurance.
Taurine may also be a valuable addition to Creatine or amino acid/ BCAA supplements.
HOW TO TAKE?
- For increased alertness and focus - take 30 minutes prior to exercise, and/or between meals
- For increased energy levels - take 30 minutes prior to exercise
- For improved rehydration - take after exercise
- For improved recovery - take after exercise