- Naturally sweet with light taste that's easy on the stomach
- Sodium and Potassium electrolytes help prevent cramps and accelerate re-hydration
- Versatile dosing for a variety of conditions and your body's needs
- Tablets are easy to carry and break for a half-serving
- Hydration reservoir/bladder friendly
Water is a great way to hydrate, right? Well, yes and no. Water of course has the fluid you need because that's what it is - just fluid. Problem is once you start training and racing and drinking lots of water, your body starts using some of that fluid (in muscle contractions and for cooling for example) and gets rid of the rest through a few different mechanisms such as urination because it is just water - the body can store and use only so much pure water. Therein lies the problem - the more straight water you drink the more you lose - a self-defeating endeavour if there ever was one.
That's where electrolytes such as sodium and potassium come in - by their very nature they help your body retain the fluid it needs to function properly. That's why drinks with electrolytes are so important for proper hydration - they act as a catalyst to help your body retain fluid necessary for muscles to work properly so you don't lose all that valuable fluid.
GU Brew and GU Brew Electrolyte Tablets are fortified with a unique blend of electrolytes, making them a better form of hydrating than water alone. So where you may typically grab a bottle of just water, try Brew to retain the fluid you need to stay hydrated. GU Electrolyte Tablets are perfect for rehydrating on the go, whilst packets are great for keeping at home and work.
GU Brew can be used with other GU products as part of an athlete's nutrition regime. An athlete using GU Brew Electrolyte Tablets should account for the lower calorie intake than GU Brew Packets and possibly add an extra GU Energy Gel, Roctane or a Serving of Chomps (all roughly 100 calories).
HOW TO TAKE?
- For Optimal Results, drop-in 1 tab per 500ml of water and drink before or during exercise to aid hydration and stay on pace.