- Increase protein synthesis, support immune function and digestive health
- Promote cell volumization
- Decrease muscle breakdown
- Elevate growth hormone levels
Glutamine is the single most abundant amino acid found in skeletal muscle and is heavily metabolized during intense training. Exercise performance may be improved with glutamine supplementation because of its ability to increase natural acid-buffering capacity and prevent excessive ammonia production during exercise. After training, glutamine works to accelerate recovery by increasing glycogen storage. Glutamine supplementation can boost immune system strength during stressful conditions, and appears to play a role in the prevention of overtraining. Glutamine has been shown to increase growth hormone release, making glutamine an excellent part of any fat loss or muscle-building stack.
HOW TO TAKE?
- Mix 1 scoop (5 grams) into 4 ounces of water or juice after training and 1 scoop prior to bed-time.
- In times of particular stress or training intensity, increase dosage accordingly