- Speeds up the muscle recovery process
- Reduces the breakdown of muscles
- Helps maintain lean muscles
Glutamine is the most abundant amino acid in the body, comprising more than 60% of the free amino acid pool in skeletal muscle, and greater than 20% of total circulating amino acids. During stressful situations (i.e. heavy resistive weight training) the body can lose a large amount of glutamine. A loss of glutamine during exercise may be a signal for protein catabolism (muscle breakdown). Glutamine supplementation has been shown to prevent the loss of body mass through the positive role glutamine plays in protein synthesis and its action as a potent anabolic agent. When muscle glutamine levels are restored in a positive nitrogen balance, muscle synthesis can return to a normal rate.
Glutapure is the finest L-glutamine supplement available on the market today. Because l-glutamine is essential for maintaining muscle mass and encouraging growth, athletes have praised this product for its effectiveness.
HOW TO TAKE?
- Take one serving (5 grams / approx. one level teaspoon) mixed with in 200ml of water or fruit juice two to three times daily
- On training days, take one serving immediately after training